IoT has huge potential in manufacturing and other industries. Moving from traditional SCADA systems to IoT technology enables you to monitor machines and processes in real-time at significantly lower infrastructural costs. You can gain valuable insights into machine performance and process flows, helping you optimize and reap the most out of your investment.
In manufacturing, Industrial Internet can enable
- Supply chain optimization
- Asset tracking
- Asset health monitoring
- Process optimization
- Preemptive maintenance
Real-World Applications of Industrial IoT
- Monitors on valves controlling gas flow to flare stacks in refineries.
- Wireless acoustic sensors to monitor steam traps.
- Real-time air quality monitoring to prevent public health hazards due to pollutants.
- Individual health monitors and alert systems in hospitals.
- Monitoring of ambulance patients by radio telemetry.
- Light and temperature control systems in buildings and homes.
- Plant monitors with moisture sensors that water plants as soil moisture falls.