QBurst performs various types of tests for uncovering defects
present in a software product. The type of testing practiced in a
project depends on a variety of aspects such as:
- Size and context of project
- Risk involved in the project
- Methodology used
- Experience and skill set of the team
Types of Tests at QBurst
- Functional Testing - Evaluates the functions the application
needs to perform, by comparing the expected and actual functional
output based on various test cases.
- Smoke Testing - Ensures that the programs do not become a
complete failure after the applications are assembled or after rework
is completed. Tests only the most crucial functions in a product.
- Regression Testing - Identifies new errors that can occur in
the program after changes are made to it. This type of testing is
initiated only after a bug fix.
- Sanity Testing - Tests a small portion of the website which
had a minor issue. Instead of testing the entire site after
correction, sanity test is used to test the portions that will be
affected by the change.
Testing - Checks the responsiveness, throughput, reliability, and/or
scalability of a system under a given workload before it goes live.
Testing - Exposes any vulnerability in the application and ensures
that the application is secure from intrusion so that data cannot be
manipulated by hackers.
- Usability Testing - Checks if the site is user friendly. These
are conducted to understand if the intended user is able to use the
application efficiently and effectively.
- SEO Testing -
Checks if a website is visible to search engine users.
- Installation Testing - Evaluates if a user will face any
problem while installing the application.
- User Interface (UI) Testing - Determines the type of
interaction between the user and the application developed.
- Quality of Data Testing - Evaluates the quality of the data
fetched based on the user action.
- Quality of Relevance Testing - Evaluates if the data relevant
to the user action is fetched.
- Compatibility Testing -Evaluates if the application is
compatible with the mobile platforms on which it will be installed by
- Mobile CSS Testing - Verifies the look and feel of the web
application across all possible mobile devices in different OS
- Stress Testing - Evaluates the reaction of the application
while stress situations are applied.
Testing - Repeatable tests that increases effectiveness and
efficiency. Use of software to control execution of tests, comparison
of actual outcomes to predicted outcomes, setting up of test
preconditions, and other test control and test reporting functions.
QBurst testing team uses a combination of different types of
testing to determine if the product developed conforms with the
requirements and specification given by the client.