Automated testing is mainly used to accelerate the software testing process. In addition to providing more reliable results, automated tests also proves to be cost effective in the long run.
With a variety of gadgets in the market, applications are created to work in multiple devices. This has led to the emergence of better tools for testing applications on desktops, mobiles, smart phones, tablets and other devices. Different tools are required to test different functionalities. Writing custom programs and scripts for automated testing is becoming a preferred solution for enterprises and small businesses.
At QBurst, we decide on frameworks and automation tools in the initial planning phase of a project. This is because testing tools may or may not be a feasible solution. Some applications may require partial automation. The decision on test automation is made by the QA team after carefully analyzing customer’s requirements and risks involved.
Agile methodology enables testers and developers to work together with the client. QBurst follows the SCRUM process as the default model. Every sprint inside the SCRUM is a two week iterative cycle. Defects generated by the automated tools are reported and rectified within the iteration itself. Different tools are used in different stages of iteration depending on the requirement. QBurst does not limit the number of tools. Our testers are also capable of writing test scripts in case tools are not available in the market. This is the key to our success in automation.
The recent trend in the software industry is to use automation frameworks to incorporate all testing tools. Our testing team has expertise in
- Linear frameworks
- Data driven frameworks
- Keyword driven frameworks
- Hybrid frameworks
Some of the tools that we use for testing in mobile and web environments are:
- Functional testing for Web – Selenium, TestNG
- Performance Testing – Jmeter, NeoLoad, Fiddler, StressStimulus
- Security testing – NetSparker, WebCruise, Scrawler
- Defect tracking tools – HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, Redmine, Jira, Trac
- Test Management tools – TestLink , HP Quality center, Enterprise Tester
- Browser compatibility testing – Spoon.net, Browsera
- Mobile web – MITE
- iPhone apps– Fone Monkey
- Android apps - Robotium, Native driver
- Mobile app compatibility testing –Perfectomobile.com, deviceanywhere.com
- Unit test tools – PhpUnit, JUnit, NUnit
- Continuous Integration Tools – Hudson, Cruise control, Bamboo
- Version control – Git, SVN, CVS, VSS
Schedule an appointment with our QA team to know more on automation testing.