PenQ - The Security Testing Browser Bundle
PenQ is an open source, Linux-based penetration testing browser bundle we built over Mozilla Firefox. It comes pre-configured with security tools for spidering, advanced web searching, fingerprinting, anonymous browsing, web server scanning, fuzzing, report generating and more.
Testing Solution for SMBs
A secure website is crucial to any online business - small, medium or enterprise scale. PenQ can save companies from huge investments in proprietary tools and over-sized testing teams. Integrated with resource links, security guidelines, and testing tools, PenQ empowers even less experienced testers to do a thorough job of checking for security loopholes.
A Slew of Tools
PenQ lets security testers access necessary system utilities and tools right from their browser, saving time and making tests a lot faster. Tools built-in range from those for anonymous browsing and system monitoring to ones for taking down notes and scheduling tasks. View the entire set of tools under features.
PenQ is configured to run on Debian based distributions including Ubuntu and its derivative distros, and penetration testing operating systems such as BackTrack and Kali.
With all its integrations, PenQ is a powerful tool. Be mindful of what use you put it to. Responsible use of PenQ can help secure web apps in a zap.
Steps to install and run PenQ
- Download the PenQ package.
- Open the command-line interface (CLI) and navigate to the location of the downloaded file.
- cd [path to PenQ file]
- Assign executable permission to this file.
- chmod +x PenQ-installer-1.0.sh
- Run PenQ installer file from CLI.
- Provide sudo password and wait for installation to complete.
- Once installed, double-click the PenQ icon on desktop or run ‘penq’ from CLI to open and use the tool.
Now Download PDF
To uninstall PenQ, navigate to the PenQ folder at '/usr/share/PenQ' and run the uninstaller.
- OWASP ZAP
- OWASP WebScarab
- OWASP WebSlayer
- Nikto Web Server Scanner
- Wfuzz Web Application Fuzzer
- Mozilla Add-ons Collection
- Integrated Tor
- OWASP Penetration Testing Checklist
- PenTesting Report Generator
- Vulnerability Databases Search
- Access to Shell and System Utilities
- Collection of Useful Links