Do your analytical queries involve computing aggregate values from thousands of records?
Compared to an RDBMS, a columnar database can run such analytical queries an order of magnitude faster.
Most analytical queries involve reading data from select columns of a row rather than entire rows. By storing data in columns, columnar databases allow you selectively access columns that are relevant to your query and achieve superior performance and speed to insight.
Enterprise Use Cases
As columnar databases can query a large amount of data faster and with greater predictability, they are ideal for read-intensive data warehousing and BI applications. Here’s a sample list of enterprise use cases:
- Personalize sales pitch by accessing only the relevant data attributes
- Analyze customer interaction with products
- Obtain data on the impressions left by advertisements
- Increase clicks and revenue through targeted advertisements
- Respond efficiently to customer calls by referencing relevant data