The client wanted to digitize prepaid card services and processes to ensure greater transparency and enhanced user experience. The client envisaged a digital payment solution that would enable tourists and visitors to perform financial transactions on the go.
- Offer visual and functional similarity to the web platform
- Offline transaction data capture and sync
- Device compatibility for existing and next-generation devices
- Unified user experience, data encryption, and validation
- User and transaction management
- Meet global compliance norms to check fraud, tax evasion, and money laundering
The mobile application interacts with the e-Wallet mobile backend to perform the tasks needed for executing electronic payments through a secure channel. The mobile backend uses a RESTful web service model and messages are supported in JSON format. The communication between the mobile application and the backend uses HTTPS post.
The mobile application:
- Performs real-time validations to check uniqueness of mobile numbers/usernames
- Creates and allocates virtual prepaid cards for each e-Wallet account
- Constructs and submits a request consisting of predefined parameters in the required format to integrate with e-Wallet mobile backend system
- Parses the responses received from e-Wallet mobile backend system containing transaction status
- Defines path (URL) for sending and receiving transactions
In order to maintain security during the login process, the password and OAuth token are encrypted. These values are encrypted using the pre-shared merchant (entity) key which is only known to the client and the entity backend.
The application also integrates Visa’s 3-D Secure™ protocol to improve the security of Internet payments. This ensures hassle-free authentication of cardholders, reducing the likelihood of misuse while improving overall transaction performance.