Our client is based in Singapore and owns a popular restaurant business that serves people in seven countries. The leading restaurant chain is known for its casual Italian dining concept with a strong focus on freshly cooked Italian cuisine.
QBurst helped a Singapore-based restaurant chain expand communication channels and improve customer service with the help of mobile technology. We developed a mobile application that is helping restaurant customers place orders using their smartphones. We used iPhone SDK, Android SDK, and various third-party tools to develop the iPhone and Android versions of the application. The application is available for download on iTunes and Google Play.
The Italian restaurant chain takes orders over the phone or from their website. The culinary team at the nearest delivery center would then prepare the dishes and deliver them to their customers. With an increase in smartphone usage, the client wanted to broaden communication channels so that customers could place orders using their mobile devices without having to initiate a call. This new channel would improve customer experience at the same time complement the convenience and simplicity that traditional methods offered.
QBurst developed a mobile application that works seamlessly on iPhone and Android devices. The application gives customers access to various features that make ordering food simple and hassle free. The application was developed for the Singapore market where there is a unique postal code for every home. The application processes the customer’s postal code and displays the expected time of delivery on the screen. Once the order is placed, customers can check the status of their order by logging in. The app also has a “How to use” tab that gives customers instructions on the functionality and features of the application and ordering process.
Find the nearest outlet and view actual locations.
- View the menu categorized as per cuisine (pizzas, pastas, beverages, appetizers, and desserts).
Choose popular dishes displayed at the top of each category or view the complete list under a category.
- Adjust the Cover Flow of images and description of food items; zoom for better view.
Make reservations for events and parties.
- “Add to Cart” feature to better manage orders.
Check the status of orders.
- Browse offers and promotional deals.
The application uses SQLite to store data locally. When the application is launched, the local database syncs with the web server database. Web service (JSON) pulls data from MySQL database, which was implemented using PHP5. The user interface was built using core frameworks in iOS and Android SDKs. We used OpenGL for the Cover Flow.
- iOS and Android SDKs
- JSON Web Service
- SQLite, MySQL
- Core Animation
- The application was successfully published in the iPhone and Android app stores and features among the top free applications in Singapore.
- A majority of customers in the Singapore region are now ordering food using their smartphones. Phone calls and website requests have reduced drastically.
- The application has been downloaded over 20,000 times since launch.
- Customers now do not need to call to place their order. This has helped overcome problems such as call waiting, miscommunication (wrong order, language issues), and dropped calls.